Since April 2013, I am Professor and Chair of Digital Humanities at the University of Passau.
My research interests cover a wide range of topics in the emerging discipline of Digital Humanities. I am focusing though on computational methods and tools for historical research ("digital history"), philology and cultural studies in general. Among other activities in this area, I am developing methods for the processing of complex historical texts, textual variation and genetics, digital editing, on advanced manuscript studies, and visualization of historical data.
Please refer to my section in German for up-to-date information.
- "Manuskript: Wörter, Kriege, Emotionen": Digital Humanities on nation-wide radio broadcast (Deutschlandfunk)
- New Publication: Digital Medievalist 8
- Association Digital Humanities im deutschsprachigen Raum (DHd) founded
- New Publication: Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative 4 (2013)
- New Publication: Beitrag in Digital Humanities Pedagogy
Lehrstuhl für Digital Humanities
E-Mail: malte (dot) rehbein (at) uni-passau (dot) de